Did you know there is an alternative to hot waxing? Cold wax, also known as strip wax or soft wax, offers the same results but with no burning sensation whatsoever on the skin. It’s ideal if you have sensitive skin or want to remove your unwanted hair painlessly and quickly. Read this article to learn more about how to use cold wax and what cold wax strips are available on the market!
What is Cold Wax?
Cold waxing is an alternative hair removal technique ideal for fast and lasting hair removal. It is a painless technique that can be done at home. This is one of the best options if you don’t like the burning sensation of hot wax on your skin or if you are pregnant or have sensitive skin.
Cold waxing can be used on all body parts, including your face and bikini area (though we always recommend consulting with a professional about this). The only drawback to cold waxing is that you must wait about three weeks before another treatment can be done.
The Benefits of Using Cold Wax
Cold waxing has many benefits. One of the main advantages is that there is no burning sensation, which makes this hair removal technique ideal for sensitive skin. It also lasts longer than hot wax and can be used on any body part.
Here are some more reasons why you should switch over to cold wax:
- It will not sting or irritate your skin as hot wax does.
- Cold wax is suitable for both men and women because there is no need to strip off clothes or swimwear.
- Furthermore, cold wax leaves little residue after application, so cleanup is easy!
- Another reason is that it requires fewer strips.
- Use them if you have thick hair and are not afraid of removing every single strand on your body!
- Apply some liquid hair remover onto a piece of cloth or foil. – Wait until the product dries up a little bit, making it sticky in texture.
How to Prepare Your Skin for Cold Waxing
It would help if you cared for your skin before using cold wax.
- Make sure that you clean the area thoroughly and make sure there are no oils or debris from previous hair removal sessions.
- You may also want to exfoliate the area before waxing, but this is unnecessary. You will also need some kind of cloth, toilet paper, and a towel.
- If your skin is sensitive, use an ice cube on the affected area to desensitize it.
- Otherwise, you can apply baby powder instead. Once all these steps have been taken, and the skin has been sufficiently prepared, it’s time to remove the hair with cold wax!
The Best Way to Apply Cold Wax
- Cold waxing is a new trend in hair removal. If you have tried hot wax and found that the burning sensation on your skin is too much, then it’s time to try cold waxing. It is just as effective as hot wax and doesn’t cause any burning sensation on the skin. Here are some tips to make it easier for you when using cold wax at home:
- If you are using cold wax strips, apply them against the direction of hair growth. Peel off quickly in the opposite direction of change.
- If you want more control over how much hair comes off, use a brush or spatula with cold cream instead of lotion or petroleum jelly. Apply it on the area of skin you want to remove hair, and wait until the cream has hardened before removing it with a cloth.
- If you apply cold wax directly onto your skin, spread a thin layer across the surface. Please wait 30 seconds before applying heat by running a cloth dipped in warm water across the area where the wax has been used until it dissolves away. Remember not to rub too hard so as not to irritate your skin.
This helps you understand cold waxing and how it could benefit you. If you have more questions, contact us, and we will answer them! So there you go–cold waxing is one of the fastest and most effective ways to remove hair at home. Now, all that’s left to do is find out if it’s the best solution for your needs–is it?